One kettlebell is all you need to get your muscles firing and lungs burning. Give this total-body kettlebell workout a go…
Kettlebells, first popularised in Russia (where kettlebell training is even a national sport), have enjoyed a recent resurgence – and rightly so.
Due to its shape, size and easy-to-grip handle, the kettlebell is an incredibly versatile bit of kit, capable of doing everything the dumbbell can and more: from strength exercises, to power, to unilateral moves like the walking lunge.
Give the following kettlebell workout a go to get all your muscles firing and lungs burning.
How to do this total-body kettlebell workout
- Take each round in turn, completing the exercises back-to-back with minimal rest.
- Once 3 sets are complete, give yourself a 90-second breather.
- Then, move onto the next round.
Total-body kettlebell workout: Round 1
- 200m run
- Kettlebell swing x 15
- Kettlebell renegade row x 10
- 200m row
- Single-arm kettlebell press x 15
- Kettlebell sumo deadlift high pull x 10
- 500m exercise bike
- Kettlebell thruster x 15
- Kettlebell clean x 10