If you want to train legs but don’t want to go to the gym, this simple dumbbell and bodyweight workout is the session for you.
Do 5 rounds of the following:
Minute 1: DB Goblet Squat or Air Squat
Minute 2: DB Romanian Deadlift
Minute 3: Walking Lunge
Minute 4: Rest
1a. Goblet Squat
- Start with your feet just outside hip-width, toes slightly turned out, holding a dumbbell by one end close to your chest.
- Pull your ribs down and brace your core.
- While keeping your chest lifted, send your hips backwards and bend your knees to descend.
- Squeeze your glutes and push the floor away with your heels to return to standing.
1b. DB Romanian Deadlift
- Start with your feet hip-width apart with two dumbbells resting on your thighs.
- Pull your shoulders down and back and engage your lats (imagine squeezing a tennis ball under each arm).
- Soften your knees, push your hips backward and let your chest descend, while keeping your core engaged and back straight.
- Pull through your hamstrings and squeeze your glutes to return to standing.
1c. Walking Lunge
- Start with your feet hip-width, holding two dumbbells at your sides.
- Engage your core and take a long stride forward, keeping your torso upright and allowing your back knee to stop just above the floor.
- Drive through your front heel, while simultaneously pushing away the floor with your back foot to join your legs and return to standing.
- Repeat on the other leg.
Matt Wilman is head coach at F45 Milton Keynes Central