Target your entire kinetic chain with this intense full-body session.
Perform the movements with a slow and controlled tempo for perfect execution and maximum muscle recruitment.
1. Spider Lunge with Rotation
Reps: 12 each side
Rest: 30 secs
- This is one of the most effective dynamic warm-up stretches you can perform.
- It opens the hip, stretches out the hamstrings and mobilises the T-spine – all in one simple movement.
2. Cossack Squat
Reps: 12 each side
Rest: 30 secs
- This is a challenging exercise, but hugely beneficial.
- It opens up the hips, and it’s great for inner thigh (adductors) mobility.
- Try to keep a tall spine throughout and keep your heel glued to the floor.
- Alternate from side to side.
3a. Single-Leg Romanian Deadlift
Rest: Straight into 3b
- Go slowly down by pushing your hips back and keeping your body straight – all the way from your foot to your shoulder.
- Pause 2 secs in the bottom position before driving your hips forward and returning to standing by squeezing your glutes.
3b. Single-Leg Glute Bridge with Hold
Reps: 30-45 secs each leg
Rest: 60 secs, then repeat 3a
- To ensure you’re maintaining a good spine position and not arching your back during this exercise, drive the elevated knee up and towards your chest at the same time as you’re engaging your abs.
- Push yourself up to the engaged position through your heels and squeeze your glutes as much as you can.
4a. Narrow Elevated Heel Squat
Rest: Straight into 4b
- Now it’s time to get those quads working hard!
- Place the bar as high on your back as possible to make it easier to maintain an upright torso position.
- Hit the brakes hard on the negative phase to make sure you’re going down in a really slow tempo – aim for a 5 sec count.
- Go as deep as your mobility allows without losing form.
- Pause 2 secs at the bottom position, then return to standing by driving through your quads.
- Don’t pause at the top – resume the negative phase of the lift as soon as your legs are almost fully extended.
4b. Assisted Sissy Squats
Reps: To failure
Rest: 90 secs, then repeat 4a
- Raise your heels off the ground and fully lock your hips out.
- Try to feel as though you are trying to let your knees touch the ground as far away from you as possible.
- Use your hands as support but try to keep it to a minimum.
- Raise yourself back up from the bottom position and do as many reps as you can manage.
5a. Olympic Ring Isometric Hold
Reps: 30-45 secs
Rest: Straight into 5b
- Go down so that you feel a slight amount of stretch in your pecs.
- Hold there and fight against gravity by pushing with your pecs.
- Maintain a good spine position by engaging your core and squeezing your glutes.
5b. Dumbbell Floor Press
Rest: 90 secs, then repeat 5a
- Cement those shoulders to the floor throughout the entire movement.
- Make sure to move the weights slowly and really focus on squeezing your pecs as hard as possible every rep.
6a. Half Kneeling Single-Arm Lat Pulldown
Rest: Straight into 6b
- Pull your elbow down and back towards your hip.
- Squeeze your lat muscle hard and make sure your chest is pointed up slightly.
- Focus on working hard on the eccentric phase and slowly let your lat stretch out almost fully before you pull and contract hard again.
6b. Single-Arm Gorilla Row
Rest: 90 secs, then repeat 6a
- Keep the stance wide, spread your knees and keep your back straight by sitting back with your hips during the entire movement.
- Pick a heavy kettlebell and perform a strong pull off the floor, maintaining good control of the weight in the negative phase.
7. Renegade Row
Rest: 60 secs
- In this session this acts as more of a core and finisher exercise, so adopt a stance that makes you work hard to keep both feet pressed hard against the floor and your hips as stable as possible throughout the movement.
- The same goes for the dumbbells: here’s an opportunity to test your limits and see how heavy you can go without compromising on form, but don’t go too heavy so you just throw the dumbbells around without control.
Trion is the world’s most advanced training app – combining the knowledge of top personal trainers with a market-leading AI. Get your FREE trial at trion.app/c/unsigned-1m