Get your entire body moving and fire up fat loss with this minimal-kit home workout. You’ll need a kettlebell, some dumbbells and a resistance band to get started…
1. Kettlebell Clean and Press
Rest: 45 secs
- Stand with feet hip-width apart, a kettlebell positioned between your legs.
- Clean the kettlebell to your shoulder by extending through the legs and hips as you pull the kettlebell upwards. Rotate your wrist as the kettlebell reaches your chest, so your palm ends up facing forwards.
- Press the kettlebell overhead, locking out your arm.
- Lower the weight to the floor to return to the start.
2a. Kb Cossack Squat
Rest: straight into 2b
- Stand with your feet roughly two and a half times shoulder-width apart, holding a kettlebell upside down, in both hands, at chest height.
- Lower into a squat, moving your weight slowly across onto one leg until the other is straight and resting on the heel.
- Slowly shift your weight back across to the centre and then on to the other leg.
- Too tough? Ditch the kettlebell and work with your bodyweight only.
2b. Kb Goblet Squat
Rest: 45 secs, then repeat 2a
- Hold a kettlebell upside down with both hands.
- Keeping your back straight and chest up, lower into a deep squat – keeping knees in line with your feet.
- Drive through your heels to stand.
3a. Resistance Band Press-Up
Rest: straight into 3b
- Loop a resistance band around your upper back and hold onto each end.
- Assume a press-up position, still gripping the resistance band.
- Lower your chest towards the floor until your elbows reach 90 degrees, then press back up, working against the tension in the band.
Related: How To Use Resistance Bands
3b. Band Hammer Curl
Rest: 45 secs, then repeat 3a
- Stand tall, with a resistance band under your feet and one end in each hand.
- Make sure your chest is up and your hands are by your sides, with palms facing.
- Keeping your elbows close to your sides, pull the band up to shoulder height, squeezing your biceps at the top of the move.
- Slowly return to the start.
DB Squat Thrust
Reps: 60 secs
Rest: 30 secs
- Assume a press-up position, gripping a dumbbell in each hand.
- Jump your legs into a tuck, keeping your hands on the weights, then jump them back to the start.
Photography: Tom Miles